Monday, August 17, 2015

Summer time action! Mountain lions, bears, foxes and deer.

Here's the latest in the last couple of months at a few different camera spots. There's been a lot of deer activity lately, so naturally the mountain lions returned. First the male lion came by a few times to mark his territory. I think he had a kill near by. Then a week later, a female lion came by, and she left her mark and then checked out the male lion's scrape. Also the bears have returned. A mama bear and her one cub, who I've seen a few times this summer, passed by and checked out the camera. At another camera spot, a solo female bear passed by a few times, and then unexpectedly, a mama bear with two cubs passed by my "city lights" camera. I'm glad to see the action is starting to pick up, despite this cruel summer heat.

1 comment:

  1. Spent my whole life in view of these mountains. I can lay in bed and stare for hours. We know the animals are there, occasionally see them, but this footage tops it all. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete